Technical Program Manager - Marketplace Ecommerce
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Marketplace is a destination on Facebook to discover, buy, and sell products and services. Our goal is to build a differentiated and enjoyable shopping experience on Facebook, leveraging the company's key strengths, to connect people to products they may want to buy. We work with high-quality merchants to surface inventory that appeals to a wide audience and enable them to tell their brand story in a scalable way within Marketplace.
Are you excited about connecting people through commerce and enabling experiences at scale? Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how businesses operate?
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager with a technical background who is passionate about marketplaces, e-commerce, and launching products that help people discover connections to businesses. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Marketplace, driving projects to launch, and connecting people to small and large merchants worldwide. Having a technical background and experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and develop and execute against global launch plans will drive this role.
- Manage cross-functional platform programs by working with product development teams, business teams, as well as external partners around the world.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create programs for solving those problems.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal-oriented results.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve cross-team issues.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies that are holding the team back, and drive better, more efficient workflows.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high-impact projects that align with the company mission and goals.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives, and quickly react to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Background in e-commerce.
Back to top