Technical Program Manager, Marketplace Buyer and Seller Care
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
On the Marketplace team, our goal is to ensure safe and trusted commerce experiences across the Facebook family of apps. Our team works to detect potential threats to our payments platform, design tools to protect against these threats, and implement these systems at scale. We leverage data analysis, machine learning, and a robust infrastructure to prevent fraud and abuse for users all over the world.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, within Marketplace. As a TPM at Facebook working on these initiatives, you will play a key role working on various initiatives to ensure trustworthy connections for buyers and sellers. This is a constantly evolving space, so the TPM needs to be flexible and be able to pivot based on the problems we are trying to solve. A Technical Program Manager operates within the Engineering and Product organization and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Drive alignment on the risk and safety roadmap across a number of teams within Marketplace and across Facebook including Marketplace Experiences, Payments, Operations, etc.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Maintain the team's focus on strategy and goal-oriented results.
- Proactively identify and manage risks.
- Identify and assess opportunities to ensure trust and safety on our platforms.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area or leverage subject matter expertise to influence business and technical direction.
- Lead key initiatives and drive collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams including product, engineering, data, and operations to enable safe and trustworthy commerce experiences on our platform.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical program management, systems or software engineering experience.
- Communication and interpersonal experience including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional team.
- Organizational and coordination experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, and experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Experience dealing with projects that cuts across legal, policy, trust and fraud.
- PMP Certification (PMI).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top