Technical Program Manager, Marketplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is where people connect, and in recent years more people have been using Facebook to connect in another way: buying and selling with each other. This activity started in Facebook Groups and has grown substantially. More than 450 million people visit buy and sell groups each month - from families in a local neighborhood to collectors around the world. To help people make more of these connections, we built Marketplace, a single destination on Facebook to connect, browse, and discover products in their local communities. Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how businesses operate? We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager with a strong technical background and who is knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces, mobile commerce, and launching products that help people discover the products they love. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Marketplace, driving projects to launch systems that will prevent fraud, protect users, and keep Marketplace a safe place to do business. You must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage cross-functional platform programs by working with development teams, business teams as well as external partners
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals
- Interface with Engineering and Product teams for project requirements and scope
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of tech industry experience and 2+ years of program management experience
- Communication, organization, management and people skills
- Knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Experience working with external technology vendors and partners
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities
- Mobile or start-up environment and technical management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top