Technical Program Manager, Marketplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build products that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Platform Product Management, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, platform experience and a great passion for the industry. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage cross-functional platform programs by working with development teams, business teams as well as external partners
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals
- Interface with Engineering and Product teams for project requirements and scope
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of tech industry experience and 2+ years of program management experience
- Communication, organization, management and people skills
- Knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Experience working with external technology vendors and partners
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities
- Mobile or start-up environment and technical management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top