Technical Program Manager, Machine Learning Ads Core
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager for the Core Ads team. As a TPM for Core ML work, you will play a key role, building scalable, reliable and efficient ML models that various Facebook products and teams will leverage to combat abuse and detect undesirable content on our platform. The individual will partner closely with key stakeholders to develop highly scalable algorithms based state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies applied across Facebook. This is a constantly evolving space, so the TPM needs to be flexible and be able to pivot based on the problems we are trying to solve.
An Ads Technical Program Manager operates within the Engineering and Product organization and has technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Ads TPMs work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models.
- Interface with Facebook's Advanced ML team, Engineering, Data Science, Operations and Research to suggest, collect and synthesis requirements and create effective feature roadmap.
- Partner with key product groups across the company to understand and anticipate their ML needs.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of technical program management, 2 or more years of AI/ML experience.
- Communication and interpersonal experience including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience and experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Deep knowledge of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence/Computer Vision.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Machine Learning, CS, Math, Statistics or related areas.
- Experience dealing with projects that cuts across legal, policy, trust and fraud.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top