Technical Program Manager, Localization Platform
As a Technical Program Manager for the Localization Platform, you will drive this mission forward by ensuring language is not a barrier for people to use our products to connect as 88% of our users are already from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. You'll work with engineers, product designers, and other stakeholders across the company to improve and build the next generation Localization Platform. Our Localization Platform enables the end-to-end localization process from onboarding vendors, to requesting translations, to a full translation environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about translation technologies and has significant experience in software development.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, LOCALIZATION PLATFORM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and drive company-wide adoption of platforms and infrastructure that enable content localization.
- Define and execute on Localization Platform's roadmap by driving collaboration with engineers, designers and other product stakeholders across the company while ensuring on-time delivery.
- Ensure that linguist, vendor and localization program manager requirements are understood and supported from a technical and business perspective.
- Represent and communicate Localization Platform's progress and strategy to leadership, cross-functional partners and across the organization.
- Identify and break down complex business problems into solvable pieces that can be shipped iteratively.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Manage cross-functional product development programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams, products and tools.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and various key teams around the organization.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- 5+ years of experience building/iterating on localization systems or internationalization technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of translation memory, machine translation and computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools.
- Experience influencing, advocating, and aligning Localization Platform needs to company level priorities.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to launch.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than English)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top