Technical Program Manager, Local Search Quality
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Today, hundreds of millions of people discover and connect with local businesses on Facebook every month. Facebook is seeking a Local Search Technical Program Manager to help people find the right local business for their needs. You will drive our efforts to measure local search quality globally, working with internal and external partner teams to produce high quality data that informs and validates improvements to our search algorithms. You'll also drive efforts to improve our understanding of the businesses on Facebook, from categorization to business hours to richer attributes like services offered and menu items. Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how businesses operate? Technical Program Managers work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, product reliability and quality, and growth. You must have experience effectively collaborating both with external partners and cross-functional teams to drive results and go beyond execution. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are essential. This is a full-time position based in New York, NY.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans, execution, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Develop technical strategy plus plans for highly ambiguous programs and present to leadership teams.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination with partner teams and vendors for quality assurance and issue resolution.
- Drive human rating guideline creation and internal process and quality improvements across all measurement activities in Local Search.
- Interface with Engineering, Data Science and business owners for program requirements and scope.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Understanding of industry standards for managing human labeling/evaluation/crowdsourcing
- Communication skills and experience working with and leading technical teams
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with large-scale global systems
- Web or Internet start-up environment experience
- Understanding of machine learning, the process of training classification models to develop annotation processes, managing the data collection (labeling live data and engineered data), and quality
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top