Technical Program Manager, IT Security
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Security team is seeking a highly talented and motivated security technical program manager. With over a billion people using Facebook products and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. The Security team at Facebook protects the security and privacy of over a billion people, across a large group of products.Facebook is seeking a technical program manager to join the information security team. The programs managed will support the cross functional security teams on achieving their goals around data protection, mobile security, threat identification, online safety, and product security.This is a full time position and is located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Move fast in a flat organization by managing technical information security programs using lightweight approaches
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals, and milestones to stakeholders
- Conduct ongoing communication of your program and reduce surprises by proactively managing risks
- Build subject matter expertise, stay up to date on technology, and identify key partnerships to define team roadmaps
- Own and develop key metrics for your security program, and provide transparency for changes to corporate security risks
- Make your program transparent with great documentation, training sessions/tutorials, and blog posts
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in technical project management in IT security engineering/equivalent technical experience
- Experience in securing large scale corporate IT infrastructures, including mobile, client and servers of mixed platforms (i.e. windows, linux)
- Ability to manage competing priorities and simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to work across highly technical cross functional teams
- Experience working in a web/internet start-up environment and/or technical infrastructure management experience
- Ability to motivate and adapt to different working styles based on teams involved
- Experience with SQL and other query languages used for reporting & dashboards
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top