Technical Program Manager, Integrity (WhatsApp)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping prevent real-world harm on WhatsApp and helping keep bad actors and behaviors off our platform. WhatsApp combats these problems in the context of a private end-to-end encrypted system, which requires flexibility and creative approaches to detection and mitigation. You will be working closely with our teams of engineers, data scientists, trust and safety teams and product managers to build products, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
- Building systems to proactively detect, mitigate, and help people report these issues
- Helping build tools used by community operations to investigate potential abuse
- Building end-to-end flows for handling abuse including working with law enforcement
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
- Work with Engineering, Data Science and Product Management teams to define your team's strategy, project requirements and scope
- Reduce surprises during execution and own project management and progress reporting
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team
- Identifying opportunities that will reduce the prevalence of abuse
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to at least 2 years of project/program management experience
- Experience with communication and working with technical management teams
- Organizational and analytical and multi-tasking experience
- Experience motivating and focusing a collaboration to reach goals
- Experience working on abuse/spam/fraud problems
- Knowledge of machine learning platforms and algorithms
- B.S. or M.S. degree with focus on computer science, computer engineering
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to project/program management experience
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Passionate about preventing abuse, can rally groups with strong conflicting views and execute well
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems
Back to top