Technical Program Manager, Instagram Release & Stability
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people building relationships through shared experiences. The release & stability team plays an integral role in implementing and driving the product quality and process of shipping new features to the Instagram community. In this role, you will partner with engineering and product teams to ensure the quality and stability of Instagram on an ongoing basis, and work with internal and external teams to ship new versions of the app. This team is seeking a person with a strong program management and strategic background, a passion for making tools and processes that scale, and someone that gets the job done on-time. As a Technical Program Manager, you'll use your technical and organizational abilities to drive programs aimed at improving the stability of the app, and optimize release processes across many different platforms. You will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible Instagram experience.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office.
- Help drive the stability & quality of the Instagram apps at scale
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, to ensure stability targets are met
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive and improve processes around Instagram releases (iOS and Android)
- Own, manage and improve our release process for all of Instagram's apps
- Focus on scale and efficiency
- Communicate status and big picture to the product team and management
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating engineers across verticals
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Development experience (Objective-C, Java, PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Communication, coordination, and organizational experience
- Experience working directly with technical engineering teams and senior management
- Knowledge of technologies and explaining architectures of main systems
- 4+ years experience in Program Management and Product Management
- 2+ years experience doing analytics work
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top