Technical Program Manager, Instagram Measurement & Labeling Systems
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead the planning and execution of our human labeling and rating programs, which ensure that we are delivering high quality, safe, and relevant content to our users across Instagram's key product surfaces. As a TPM at Instagram, you will work closely with product, engineering, operations, and third-party vendors to build the roadmap and lead the execution of the human labeling initiatives that inform our machine learning and classification systems.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, adept at collaborating cross-functionally, and focused on advancing Instagram engineering and products. This is a quickly evolving space, and the TPM is expected to be flexible and pivot based on the problems we are trying to solve. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
This is a full-time position based in our office in New York/Menlo Park with some domestic and international travel.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of the measurement and labeling initiatives for your team
- Develop and manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas, facilitating relationships across teams at Instagram and Facebook to manage dependencies and optimize resources
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, remove roadblocks, and deliver on high-impact projects that align with the company mission and goals
- Collaborate with engineering and product management partners to define roadmap and long-term strategy for the measurement and labeling domain
- Roadmap and communicate program updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders, identify dependencies and perform risk/change management on projects
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong interpersonal skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
- Communication experience and experience working with technical engineering teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
- Experience with measurement and experimentation systems, and knowledge of machine learning fundamentals
- Experience in social media, software, internet or digital media industries
- Domain expertise in content quality, integrity, and human labeling systems
Back to top