Technical Program Manager, Instagram Infrastructure
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram was built to capture and share the World's moments, inspiring creativity around the World. With over 800 million people using Instagram and with this number growing every day, there are countless ways to have impact in this still small, yet fast growing company. Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the World's moments. Our work aims to drive and ship high quality Instagram products to the public. As a Technical Program Manager on Infrastructure, you will play a key role for engineering teams, assessing the scalability of new products and working with infrastructure to meet the scaling demands of the Instagram team. You will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible experience capturing moments with Instagram. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable in data modeling, passionate about data storage, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to innovate on existing solutions, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, software systems, capacity management).
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company quality goals.
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment across a dynamic team through project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Drive software road mapping, software web architecture, and production operations at scale.
- Interface with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional stakeholders for Instagram product requirements and scoping.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
- Provide hands-on program management with deep understanding of the need to deliver high quality web services at scale.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience.
- 2+ years experience in Program Management / Product Management.
- Experience defining programs, collecting requirements, coordinating team on scoping/planning/shipping features for large-scale systems.
- Communication, coordination, and organizational skills and experience getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of web technologies, ability to explain architectures from product to infrastructure.
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams and senior management.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 production engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- PMP Certification (PMI)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top