Technical Program Manager, Instagram Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Our work aims to drive and ship high quality Instagram products to the public. As a Technical Program Manager on Infrastructure, you will play a key role for engineering teams, assessing the scalability of new products and working with infrastructure to meet the scaling demands of the Instagram team. You will ensure the ability to deliver new product experiences on Instagram to 400M+ users. You will work with multiple teams, internally and externally, to ensure people have the best possible experience capturing moments with Instagram. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions, and measure impact by defining meaningful metrics to meet company quality goals.
- Interface with Engineering, Product Management, and other XFN stakeholders for Instagram product requirements and scoping.
- Drive IG software road mapping and hardware web architecture, systems, and production operations at scale.
- Understand Instagram's release management system and assist with app release.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
- Manage ongoing learnings and maintenance procedures.
- Provide hands-on program management with deep understanding of the need to deliver production systems full speed and at scale.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to at least 2 years of project/program management experience.
- Experience in the management of programs, operator data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, and capacity management.
- Experience gathering application requirements and translating needs into capacity plans.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience around data center and network capacity.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding of web technologies and ability to explain architectures from product to infrastructure.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 production engineering teams.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Web or Internet start-up technical infrastructure management experience.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Product Management experience.
- PMP Certification (PMI)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top