Technical Program Manager, Instagram Developer Velocity
(New York, NY)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the World's moments. Our work focuses on ensuring Instagram's engineering teams can ship and iterate on products at scale. As a Technical Program Manager on Developer Velocity, you will play a critical role across engineering teams - identifying key challenges faced during product development, and partnering with engineering leads to drive programs that address these challenges and enable new and powerful tools to accelerate pace of development. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable in mobile product and experimentation architectures, passionate about software development, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram engineering team and product. This is a full-time position based in our New York City office.
- Partner with engineering teams across Instagram to understand biggest bottlenecks in product development process
- Work with Developer Velocity leads at Instagram to develop, prioritize and drive end to end programs for new and improved developer tools
- Develop success metrics and work with Engineering teams to define a plan to hit goals
- Communicate program updates, risks and new opportunities to leaders and stakeholders
- Drive internal launches for new internal tools and features
- Contribute to long term vision for the Instagram developer experience
- Provide day-to-day coordination, tracking and quality assurance for projects
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps across teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck, providing day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for project and tasks.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in Engineering Program Management or Product Management.
- Experience in software project life cycle management.
- Communication, coordination, and organizational skills and experience getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of mobile development environments and experimentation frameworks
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams and senior management.
- Leadership skill and an ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated critical thinking capabilities
- Mobile or start-up environment and technical management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top