Technical Program Manager, Instagram
(New York, NY)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the World’s moments. Our work aims to drive and ship fast, high quality products to our global community. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within the client engineering team, focusing on visual design and engineering consistency. You will work with multiple teams to deliver an app with established design and engineering patterns that feel polished and fast. You’ll collaborate with product designers, engineering and program managers to support design standard implementation, communicate up and downstream changes and are responsible for maintaining consistency of Instagram. This is a full-time position based in our New York office with limited travel to Menlo Park. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about mobile product design & development, passionate about mobile engineering, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting Instagram products.
- Collaborate on design-driven initiatives, guides and tools for Instagram developers to reference and use
- Embed within Eng, PM and Design to establish deadlines for design work and ensure partner teams deliver on Visual Standards Engineering work
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Partner with Design Program Management to establish communication structure across the design and eng team
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Communicate status and big picture to the product team and management.
- Ability to map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating engineers across verticals.
- Establish excellent working relations with all partners with an emphasis on unblocking team members when they are stuck.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of product design/UX and experience working with designers and XFN teams
- Experience with Quartz or other design tools.
- Communication, coordination, and organizational skills and experience getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work directly with technical engineering teams and senior design management.
- Understanding of relevant technologies, can explain architectures of main systems.
- 2+ years experience in Program Management, Product Management or Design Program Management
- Web or Internet start-up technical infrastructure management experience.
- Exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Product Management experience.
- 1+ years experience doing some design work.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top