Technical Program Manager, Hardware Wireless Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager Hardware Wireless intern to join our Hardware team. We are looking for someone that shares our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. This TPM intern will collaborate and support the company’s mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org’s mission to make affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Facebook’s infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This full time internship position is based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Ability to work with others on cross-functional connectivity projects across the globe covering a range of technologies (cell tower, CPEs, UEs, operator data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, capacity management).
- Help provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and chance management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Help drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Deep passion for technical details and understanding Facebook’s mission in connecting the world.
- Pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Wireless Communications Hardware/Software System Design or Network Systems.
- Passion for the Internet.org mission.
- Knowledge of wireless telecommunication systems interfaces, implementation and debugging.
- Knowledge of carrier (2G/3G/LTE base stations, backhaul including mmWave and microwave, core networks), Wireless Access Point (WiFI AP) or Wi-Fi ISP deployments
- Working knowledge of Project and Program Management skills and Project Management tools.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills.
- Preferred experience/skills:
- Experience with wireless telecommunications systems and equipment deployment in emerging markets
- Experience with wireless MIMO technologies, transceivers and antennas is a plus
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience a big plus.
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top