Technical Program Manager, Hardware Wireless
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Connectivity Labs is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Wireless Hardware, to help run programs to bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects will support the company’s mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org’s mission to make affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage connectivity projects across the globe covering a range of technologies (cell tower, CPEs, UEs, operator data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, capacity management).
- Manage hardware solution development, deployments, end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during planning, analysis, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- Travel to various locations around the world to execute field trials.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware design.
- Passion for the Internet.org mission.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience. Engineering degree preferred.
- Four or more years of Wireless Communications Hardware/Software System Design or Network Systems.
- Experience in Hardware Technical/Engineering Program Management or Product Management.
- Experienced in end to end hardware life cycle development management.
- Experienced with managing programs related to wireless network and communications systems hardware design.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in physical layer of wireless networks.
- Experienced in wireless telecommunication systems interfaces, implementation and debugging.
- Experience with carrier (2G/3G/LTE base stations, backhaul including mmWave and microwave, core networks), Wireless Access Point (WiFI AP) or Wi-Fi ISP deployments
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into product and capacity plans.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Ability to travel 3 – 4 times a year (both domestic and international) with lengths of at most a week at a time.
- Preferred experience/skills:
- Experience with wireless telecommunications systems and equipment deployment in emerging markets
- Experience with wireless MIMO technologies, transceivers and antennas is a plus
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience a big plus.
- PMP Certification (PMI) a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top