Technical Program Manager, Hardware Storage
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with hardware product development experience. The Hardware Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be leading development of products to support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Datacenter, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Software Engineering, Capacity Management).
- Develop and manage hardware product and solutions end-to-end, project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering owners to define hardware product roadmaps.
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Analyze infrastructure needs and produce hardware designs and prototypes to meet those needs.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience supporting Hardware Engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience in Program Management and/or Product Management.
- Experience in hardware project life cycle management.
- Experience with managing projects related to systems hardware design.
- Experience in hardware systems interfaces and protocols, such as PCIE, SAS, and SATA
- Knowledge of enterprise storage systems, hard drives, flash, and/or other storage components.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into roadmap and capacity plans.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage from technical details to picture.
- Experience with data center architecture and deployment.
- Experience working with ODM's and other vendors.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Four or more years of Hardware Systems Design experience.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top