Technical Program Manager, Hardware Networking
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with networking hardware product development experience. The Hardware Technical Program Manager will be leading development of products to support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The TPM will assist our global data centers, hardware, network, software engineering, and product teams with strategic planning, and deployments from inception to full production. The candidate must have demonstrated program level ownership and delivery through all the NPI phases.
- Work cross-functionally to define Facebookâ€™s Network architecture for scale.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, capacity management).
- Develop and manage hardware product and solutions end-to-end, project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Work closely with Data Scientists.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Analyze infrastructure needs and produce hardware designs and prototypes to meet those needs.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related Engineering degree.
- 5+ years of experience as a Hardware Product Manager or a Hardware System Designer.
- Experience in managing networking system hardware designs.
- Knowledge of software components on networking systems.
- Experience in hardware life cycle management.
- Experience in optical interfaces to systems.
- WAN/router systems program management experience.
- Experience with Ethernet interfaces for routers or chassis based switches.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Experience tracking and communicating requirements.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Cross-functional leadership experience.
- Interpersonal experience, and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- 10+ years experience as a Networking Product Manager.
- Knowledge of optical DWDM components.
- Experience in resolving/managing hardware/software issues during system bring up and operation.
- Experience managing a cross-functional team.
- Experience having brought to production large cross-functional programs or products.
Back to top