Technical Program Manager, Hardware Networking
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with networking hardware product development experience. The Hardware Technical Program Manager will be leading development of products to support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24×7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The TPM will assist our global data centers, hardware, network, software engineering, and product teams with strategic planning, and deployments from inception to full production. The candidate must have demonstrated program level ownership and delivery through all the NPI phases.
- Work cross functionally to define Facebook’s Network architecture for scale
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas(data center, network, hardware systems, infrastructure software engineering, capacity management).
- Develop and manage hardware product and solutions end-to-end, project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases. Work closely with Data Scientists.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Analyze infrastructure needs and produce hardware designs and prototypes to meet those needs.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for hardware designs.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years as a Hardware system designer.
- Experience in hardware systems interfaces, implementation and debug.
- Experience in managing networking system hardware designs.
- Knowledge of software components on the board/system.
- 5+ years experience in Hardware Technical Program Management .
- Experience in hardware life cycle management.
- Experience in optical interfaces to systems
- WAN /router systems program management experience.
- Experience with Ethernet interfaces for routers or chassis based switches.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Ability to track and communicate requirements
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills, and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience as a Product Manager.
- Knowledge of optical DWDM components.
- Experience in resolving/managing software issues during system bring up and operation.
- Experience having managed a team of engineers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top