Technical Program Manager, Hardware Analytics
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager with hardware product, manufacturing and analytics experience. The Hardware Technical Program Manager (TPM) will be leading development of hardware analytics programs to support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (Data Center, Network, Hardware Systems, Infrastructure Software Engineering, Data Science, Manufacturing Quality).
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Develop and manage hardware analytics solutions end-to-end, including ownership of data quality project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project and product requirements and scope.
- Engage in product management in collaboration with Engineering owners to define roadmaps.
- Drive pathfinding and define ways to use hardware analytics to drive better than industry hardware performance.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide engineering assessments and risk analysis for programs.
- Manage and drive strategic relationships with vendors to ensure program success.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience. Engineering degree.
- 4+ years of experience supporting Hardware Engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience in Program Management and/or Product Management.
- Experience in hardware project life cycle management.
- Experience with managing projects related to systems hardware design.
- Experience in enterprise server systems and components (e.g. CPU, memory, hard drives, flash).
- Experience with data management and/or data engineering.
- Communication experience.
- Organizational and coordination experience.
- Cross-functional leadership experience.
- Interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical details.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- Knowledge of hardware manufacturing processes and operations.
- Project Management Certification (PMP).
- Exposure to analytics, data engineering or data science.
Back to top