Technical Program Manager – Growth Capacity Planning
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within product engineering, driving huge projects that span across the organization. These programs help solve software performance issues, demand planning for our products and services, capacity analysis & management and building foundational process in all these areas. This is a role that builds breadth across Facebook's product application layer to understanding software infrastructure components and the underlying physical infrastructure. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position.
- Drive capacity planning and efficiency projects for product teams, work with engineering teams to estimate growth and traffic growth info and provide inputs on capacity modeling efforts. Also track the efficiency work done for various services to adjust capacity plans with clear communication.
- Work in a very fast-paced and iterative technical environment with engineering leaders across product and infrastructure teams.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with Engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Create programs to solve problems by determining goals that align with company initiatives, understand dependencies, define milestones, assess risk and identify resource requirements.
- Achieve alignment in ambiguous or contentious areas to drive product decisions.
- Collaborate extensively with cross-functional engineering teams to create and execute a structure for successful delivery of programs.
- Capacity modeling via demand analysis with input from future product launches, application dependencies and networking requirements.
- 5+ years experience in technical product or program management, software engineering, or similar experience.
- 4+ years experience in technical program management, systems engineering, software engineering, or similar experience.
- Experience managing platform products and roadmaps.
- Proven data analysis and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale technical systems.
- Experience with service architecture designs and performance issues, and optimizations.
- Capacity analysis & management experience.
- Web technologies experience.
Back to top