Technical Program Manager, Goodwill
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our team (Goodwill) is responsible for creating product and brand experiences with care and compassion, from birthdays, Friends Day and anniversary videos to On This Day - and now through messages at the top of people's News Feed on moments and events that people care about. The purpose of the team is to create an environment that allows people to authentically express their feelings and connect with what matters to them. Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective in achieving our shared goals? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within our engineering organization, driving launches of high impact projects to hundreds of millions of people per day. This is a full-time position based in our office in Seattle and will report to the lead Engineering Manager in Menlo Park.
- Develop and manage end-to-end ranking and infra project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on ranking and infra projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage XFN relationships and inter-team alignment on project schedule and deliverables.
- Communicate ranking and infra project plans and updates between SEA/MPK teams.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Lead the initiatives to measure and improve the stability for high throughput systems.
- Identify and advocate the best practices to improve engineering efficiency across the team.
- B.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of software engineering, systems engineering, program/product management, or similar experience.
- Experience in ranking and personalization project planning and coordination.
- Experience in backend reliability and/or performance work.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and some experience writing code/queries.
- Experience with Machine Learning model feature selection and performance evaluation.
- Experience with large-scale video generation, storage, and delivery systems.
- Experience with SQL, Hive, Presto, Tableau, R, or similar data processing tools.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top