Technical Program Manager, Games
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
On games, our mission is to connect people with the games they love and help developers to reach new audiences and monetize their games. To do this, the Games Platform team brings a large portfolio of products to market. Our desktop offerings of Facebook Games on Web and Gameroom let people connect and play together while on a PC. Our brand new mobile offering of Instant Games lets play games in Messenger and Facebook, competing to get the highest scores in Pacman and other games. Our investments in video through partnerships with Blizzard and other big gaming companies help us spread gaming content throughout the graph to make sure people are always able to discover new and exciting experiences with games. All of these products speak to our market impact of $2.5B in 2015 and an amazing amount of time spent on Facebook playing games.Are you passionate about social gaming? Social gaming on Facebook is a massive opportunity to deliver value to both the people who play games on Facebook as well as to the developers and publishers on our platform. Facebook remains a top social gaming platform in the world. Today, 15% of time on Facebook.com (http://facebook.com/) is still spent playing games. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within Platform Product Management, collaborating closely with the Product and Engineering teams to build out new cross-platform gaming experiences to enable games to be played anywhere. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, platform experience and a great passion for the industry. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage cross-functional platform programs by working with development teams, business teams as well as external partners
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals
- Interface with Engineering and Product teams for project requirements and scope
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of tech industry experience and 5+ years of program management experience
- Communication, organization, management and people skills
- Knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Experience working with external technology vendors and partners
- Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top