Technical Program Manager, Fiber Delivery & Optical Networking
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager for our Networking Engineering team. The Technical Program Manager should have web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The projects will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park Office and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The TPM will assist with backbone, edge, data center, corporate/office and optical projects.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, office, PoP, data center network & backbone network, CDN, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimize schedules accordingly.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
- Ensure consistency across projects, regions globally and alignment with other TPMâ€™s.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Track record of dark fiber delivery - OSP/ISP.
- Track record of delivering data center electrical/mechanical infrastructure and network cabling.
- Five or more years of Data Center Operations or Networking experience including three plus years as a Network Engineer/Architect or a Technical Program Manager.
- Experience with managing projects related to data center design, hardware design and capacity management.
- Experience with Network Deployments, circuit provisioning and/or hardware life cycle management.
- Experience in Project Management tools.
- Experience with application requirements and translating needs into data center and network capacity plans.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
- PMP Certification (PMI).
Back to top