Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for a Technical Program Manager to help us unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between intent and action. Our neural interface research and development lies at the intersection of computational neuroscience, machine learning, signal processing, statistics, biophysics and human-computer interaction. We're looking for people who want to shape the future of this technology and are excited about joining our neural control research team that has grown out of the acquisition of CTRL-labs.We are looking for a skilled and motivated Technical Program Manager to accelerate our research progress across multiple programs. The Technical Program Manager will work with a team of talented research scientists and engineers to develop a research roadmap and deliver fundamentally new technologies.The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to motivate others to reach challenging research goals. Facebook promotes employee growth through career and personal development programs, including Employee Resource groups, diversity and inclusion programs, training, family leave, and mentorship programs.
- Build a roadmap and execution plan for scientific programs across CTRL-labs team.
- Increase awareness of research progress internally across FRL and Facebook at large.
- Represent your program's technical dependencies, deliverables, needs, and reasons behind decisions to partner teams across Facebook.
- Develop and drive plans that allow your team to successfully operate within technical, policy, legal, and operational constraints to meet their research goals. Identify and solve work-blocking problems.
- Collaborate with scientists to identify high-priority research questions to advance non-invasive neural interface technology. Foster innovation and prioritize across specific opportunities to enable development of a best-in-class neural interface.
- B.S. in scientific or engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in research, software engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience with interdisciplinary research that spans both science and engineering.
- Experience applying communication, coordination, and organizational skills to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience applying interpersonal skills to build collaborations and relationships with a diverse, cross-functional, global team..
- Experience working in neuroscience or AI/ML.
- Experience operating across multiple teams, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Experience delivering research programs or products from inception to delivery.
Back to top