Technical Program Manager, Express WiFi
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The mission of Internet.org is to bring Internet access to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected. With Express Wi-Fi, we’re working with carriers, internet service providers, and local retailer entrepreneurs to help expand connectivity to underserved locations around the world. We’re currently live in India, South Africa, Tanzania, Indonesia, and Nigeria, and are expanding to other regions soon.The TPM, Express Wi-Fi position in the Internet.org PM team is a full time role and is based at our Tel Aviv, Israel office
- Own planning, delivery and execution of both commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and Facebook-developed software, network infrastructure, and network hardware with a team of world-class engineers
- Serve as source of truth to track projects progress and drive alignment between teams
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of projects
- Maximize efficiency and remove blockers in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Coordinate the introduction of technical innovations with engineering, field integration teams, deployment managers, and in-country growth and partnership management.
- 5+ years Program Management experience
- Exceptional communication, technical writing, and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience working with mobile operators is an advantage
- Experience developing and scaling/growing products, technologies and platforms at a global scale is strongly desired
- Strong technical background including solid understanding of the technical architecture of complex networking systems, especially wireless and wide area networks
- Experience and background in systems infrastructure and computer networks
- BA/BS in Computer Science, engineering or related technical field is strongly desired
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top