Technical Program Manager, Express Wi Fi
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Express Wi-Fi Connectivity Projects for Internet.org, to help run programs to bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects will support the company’s mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org’s mission to make affordable internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. This is a full time position based in Menlo Park but traveling frequently to Express Wi-Fi deployment locations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Manage Express Wi-Fi deployment projects across the globe covering a range of technologies.
- This includes, but not limited to Wi-Fi, wireless backhaul, consumer satellite infrastructure, fixed line telecommunications , and capacity management.
- Ownership of all technical, budgetary and schedule aspects of those projects.
- Determine and evaluate the regulatory requirements (spectrum, aviation, ISP, Telco, etc.) in target markets.
- Manage hardware solution deployments end-to-end, project plans and ensure on-time delivery by supervising foreign internet service providers and aligning internal stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on project and program management post partner contract, including project analysis, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify risk areas (technical, cost, schedule, and regulatory) and proactively manage implementation of risk mitigation and plans.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Interface with Facebook Connectivity Deployments, Connectivity Labs, Policy, and Marketing to integrate the India connectivity projects into the overall Internet.org program flow.
- Travel to various locations around the world to execute field trials.
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other processes.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience in project management.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Five or more years of telecommunications system architecture or computer network design.
- Experienced with wireless telecommunication systems interfaces, implementation and debug.
- Communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence and guide external stakeholders and companies to achieve organizational goals.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking to get things done in an environment.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience working (or living) in markets, and in deploying technology in emerging markets.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification, in network and communications systems hardware design and deployment or similar technical fields.
- Experienced with carrier (2G/3G/4G base stations, backhaul including mmWave and satellite, core networks), satellite (enterprise/consumer) and satellite ground stations or Wi-Fi ISP deployments.
- Working knowledge of any of the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top