Technical Program Manager, Express Wi Fi
(New Delhi, India - Gurgaon, India)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Express Wi-Fi Connectivity Projects for Internet.org, to help run programs to bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects will support the company's mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org's mission to make affordable internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. This is a full time position based in India, with frequent travel to Express Wi-Fi deployment locations in India and APAC.
- Manage Express Wi-Fi deployment projects across the globe covering a range of technologies.
- This includes, but not limited to Wi-Fi, wireless backhaul, consumer satellite infrastructure, fixed line telecommunications , and capacity management.
- Ownership of all technical, budgetary and schedule aspects of those projects.Determine and evaluate the regulatory requirements (spectrum, aviation, ISP, Telco, etc.) in target markets.
- Manage hardware solution deployments end-to-end, project plans and ensure on-time delivery by supervising foreign internet service providers and aligning internal stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on project and program management post partner contract, including project analysis, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify risk areas (technical, cost, schedule, and regulatory) and proactively manage implementation of risk mitigation and plans.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Interface with Facebook Connectivity Deployments, Connectivity Labs, Policy, and Marketing to integrate the India connectivity projects into the overall Internet.org program flow.
- Travel to various locations around the world to execute field trials.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10 + years of experience in project management.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Five or more years of telecommunications system architecture or computer network design.
- Experienced with wireless telecommunication systems interfaces, implementation and debug.
- Communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence and guide external stakeholders and companies to achieve organizational goals.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking to get things done in an environment.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience working (or living) in markets, and in deploying technology in emerging markets.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification, in network and communications systems hardware design and deployment or similar technical fields.
- Experienced with carrier (2G/3G/4G base stations, backhaul including mmWave and satellite, core networks), satellite (enterprise/consumer) and satellite ground stations or Wi-Fi ISP deployments.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top