Technical Program Manager, Experimentation
(Menlo Park, CA)
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least four years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to at least two years of project/program management experience.
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services.
- Exposure to Infrastructure/Backend systems
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Experience in the Big Data/ Cloud Computing/Realtime Data/Experimentation spaces.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Back to top