Technical Program Manager - Executive User Trials, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Technical Program Manager (Executive User Trials) who will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. We are looking for slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things.
- Collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- Develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Lead our Executive User Trials, be the champion to drive quality and improve our user experiences.
- Build and drive comprehensive Executive User Trial schedules and plans managing any needed changes to those plans appropriately.
- Primary interface for all Executive User Trial issues from start to resolution.
- Establish metrics and analytics to improve User Trial feedback.
- Experience interfacing with Executive levels
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in program management.
- Knowledgeable in the practical application of program management principles and tools.
- Experience managing projects in large scale mobile or web applications.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
- Experience in delivery and commercialization in consumer electronics.
- Experience working with ODM and JDM development
- Experience debugging technical issues that cross boundaries between hardware and software
- Collaboration skills, driven by working closely with engineering, product management, program management, and supply chain teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top