Technical Program Manager, Engineering Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager intern to join our team. We are looking for someone that shares our passion for tackling software infrastructure services that scale as we continue to grow in complexity. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge cross-team software programs that span the organization. Facebook’s infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This full time internship position is based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Ability to work with others on cross-functional software engineering infrastructure projects that cover a range of areas (capacity and performance, data and analytics, deployment and configuration, network software, general tooling)
- Help provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation/deployment, and monitoring.
- Perform risk identification and management for programs.
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks.
- Help drive process and communications improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Deep passion for technical details and understanding Facebook’s mission in connecting the world.
- Pursing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a closely related technical discipline.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, caching infrastructure, batch and stream processing technologies, network protocols, and/or cloud infrastructure services a plus.
- Working knowledge of Project and Program Management skills and tools.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top