Technical Program Manager, Engineering Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager intern to join our team. We are looking for someone that shares our passion for tackling software infrastructure services that scale as we continue to grow in complexity. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge cross-team software programs that span the organization. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This full-time internship position is based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Ability to work with others on cross-functional software engineering infrastructure projects that cover a range of areas (capacity and performance, data and analytics, deployment and configuration, network software, general tooling)
- Help provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation/deployment, and monitoring.
- Perform risk identification and management for programs.
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks.
- Help drive process and communications improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, caching infrastructure, batch and stream processing technologies, network protocols, and/or cloud infrastructure services.
- Working knowledge of Project and Program Management skills and tools.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018.
- Pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a closely related technical discipline.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top