Technical Program Manager, Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook’s infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least four years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience, in addition to at least two years of project/program management experience.
- Experience with external facing production systems for traffic websites and services.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24×7 production operations
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to systems and experience writing code.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top