Technical Program Manager, Electrical
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Electrical Technical Program Manager for VR Product Engineering, you will lead multidisciplinary programs through the product development cycle. You will develop next generation hardware to move forward our industry-leading virtual reality systems. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage program schedules, identify risks, mitigation plans, and clearly communicate them to program stakeholders. We look for technical program managers who have a strong technical foundation, are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Partner with the VR electrical engineering team, enabling the definition, design, and execution of next generation hardware.
- Manage the development of main logic boards (MLB), flexible printed circuits (FPC), development platforms, and other EE driven designs.
- Work with key silicon and electro-mechanical vendors, ensuring technical deliverables for the project are met. Partner with supply chain managers for vendor selection.
- Coordinate with other internal cross functional design and operations teams including product design, manufacturing engineering, firmware, and software to develop cohesive development plans.
- Manage external design resources, and contract manufacturers (CM, ODM, or JDM).
- Responsible for running the "SMT" portion of development builds. Create the build and allocation plans, address critical issues during the build, direct failure analysis, and drive yield improvement.
- Develop project schedule, communicate program statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables such as architecture definition, product specifications, data reviews and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 20% travel.
- BS in Electrical Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience working as a technology development program manager for consumer electronics.
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Experience with electrical system development, validation and characterization processes.
- Experience with program and issue tracking and version control software.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
- 2+ years experience working as an electrical engineer preferred.
Back to top