Technical Program Manager, Developer Platform
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for the Developer Platform team. The mission of the Developer Platform team is to build a secure, easy-to-use platform that creates value for businesses, developers, and teams at Facebook. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about developer experiences to help create a valuable and secure platform that developers use to build community and grow their business across Facebook.Technical Program Managers go deep on learning their teams' systems and leverage their technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. Developer Platform TPMs work horizontally to create long term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within the Facebook Developer Platform team leadership, collaborating closely with the Product and Engineering teams to build out the best-in-class developer experiences. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, platform experience and great interest for the developer community.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals, and milestones of your area.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Lead and prioritize strategic initiatives while working closely with teams across the organization, including partner teams around the world.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create programs for solving those problems.
- Proactively identify upcoming risks, inefficiencies, issues, and bottlenecks, and resolve cross-team issues.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Bachelor in Computer Science.
- 5 or more years of experience with program management.
- Experience leading cross-organizational programs and experience setting and holding teams and individuals accountable to timelines and deliverables.
- Analytical and problem solving experience including experience collecting data points across projects.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Experience working on large scale platforms
Back to top