Technical Program Manager, Developer Infrastructure, Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on to help build tools and systems that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
In this role, you will play a key role within the Developer Infrastructure organization, helping teams plan and deliver tools and solutions to thousands of engineers within Facebook. This team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, preferably one that has experience building and using developer tools, as well as a passion for making tools that scale.
- Manage cross-functional Developer Infrastructure engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams and tools.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with multiple engineering groups for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive tooling decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to accomplish tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a large collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems.
- Self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Demonstrated experience with or around software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience.
- 2+ years of project/program management experience.
Back to top