Technical Program Manager, Developer Infrastructure - (IDI)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on to help build tools and systems that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
In this role, you will play a key role within the Developer Infrastructure organization, helping teams plan and deliver tools and solutions to thousands of engineers within Facebook. Independent developer infrastructure (IDI) TPM works on tools and integrations to improve productivity of developers and the engineering experience of teams in acquisitions, research and other parts of Facebook that do not fit traditional web and mobile developer models. We are developing one-off solutions where necessary and integrations where possible. This team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, preferably one that has experience building and using developer tools, as well as a passion for making tools that scale. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park, California office.
The IDI TPM will work with Oculus, WhatsApp, Building 8 and others to build a bridge between their development, build, test and release workflows and Facebook's tooling.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Determine who your customers are and communicate features, requirements and/or services to teams you work with.
- Manage cross-functional developer infrastructure engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams and tools.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans, communication, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Help drive tooling decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of project/program management experience.
- Experience motivating and focusing a collaboration to reach goals.
- Communication experience working with technical management teams.
- Experience working at scale and product operations.
- Organizational and coordination experience along with multi-tasking experience.
- Interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, and experience in large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated critical thinking experience.
- Experience with or around software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience.
- Experience building and using developer.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top