Technical Program Manager, Developer Infrastructure
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on to help build tools and systems that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. In this role, you will play a key role within the Developer Infrastructure organization, helping teams plan and deliver tools and solutions to thousands of engineers within Facebook. This team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, preferably one that has experience using developer tools, as well as a passion for making tools that scale. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Manage cross-functional developer infrastructure engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of teams and tools.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with multiple engineering groups for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive tooling decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of project/program management experience.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Ability or experience to work at scale, and with 24x7 production operations.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within diverse, cross-functional teams
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems.
- Self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience with or around software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top