Technical Program Manager, Data Center and Networking
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Data Center and Networking, with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The projects will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the growth, management and 24×7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This is a full-time position based in our London and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager. The TPM will assist with backbone, edge, datacenter, and optical projects.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, PoP, datacenter network & backbone network, CDN, hardware systems, capacity mgmt. ).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimise schedules accordingly.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
- Ensure consistency across projects, regions globally and alignment with other TPM’s.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of Data Center Operations or Networking experience including three plus years as a Technical Program Manager.
- Experience Project Management tools.
- Track record of delivering data center electrical/mechanical infrastructure and network cabling.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into data center and network capacity plans.
- Experience in hardware life cycle management.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience a big plus.
- Experience with managing projects related to data center design, hardware design and capacity management a plus.
- PMP / PMI certification a plus
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top