Technical Program Manager, Data Center and Network Intern
(Dublin, Ireland – Hong Kong – Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager intern to join our Data Center and Networking team. We are looking for someone that shares our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build infrastructure that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. The projects will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include our Network Growth, Network Management and 24×7 upkeep of the Facebook web site. This TPM intern will assist with networking and data center projects. Facebook’s infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This full time internship position is based in our main office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Ability to work with others on cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, capacity management.)
- Help provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and chance management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Help drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Deep passion for technical details and understanding Facebook’s mission in connecting the world.
- Pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Networking Engineering and/or Data Center Operations, or Networking experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Project and Program Management skills and Project Management tools.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2017.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top