Technical Program Manager, Data Center
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Data Center and Networking, with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The projects will support the Infrastructure Engineering organization whose responsibilities include the Networking, Data Center Design, Construction, and 24x7 upkeep of the Facebook website. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office and will report to the Manager of Data Center Technical Program Managers.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end‑to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day‑to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering, Facilities, Electrical/Mechanical Engineers, and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- 5 or more years of Data Center or Network deployment experience, including 4+ years as a Technical Program Manager.
- 3 or more years of experience with Project Management strategies, planning and tools
- Experience with analysis tools like Splunk or Looker.
- Three or more years previous experience with Data Center Build or Operations.
- Three or more years of experience with procurement processes for networking and IT physical infrastructure (fiber, network hardware, mechanical and electrical equipment).
- Three or more years of experience with retrofit of critical facilities including maintenance while maintaining 24x7 uptime.
- Track record of delivering deployments on or ahead of schedule and on budget.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top