Technical Program Manager, Core Software
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Reality Labs team at Facebook is developing future products in augmented reality and virtual reality that will enable groundbreaking experiences for consumers and businesses. We are hiring for an experienced Technical Program Manager to support the Core Software development team. Core Software is a broad collection of cross-functional teams across infrastructure and front-end system work, all contributing to the end user experience of our VR headsets. The TPM role in Core Software is key to coordinating efforts among various teams, including engineering, design/art, QA, and more, to drive feature quality and execution from concept to shipping.In this role, we are looking for individuals with broad experience in software project management to help guide development. You will establish requirements with the internal team as well as cross-functional partners and dependent teams, manage program schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, and clearly communicate to program stakeholders. We look for individuals who have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Understand product requirements, technical challenges, business needs, and develop a detailed roadmap and schedule based on those needs.
- Manage communication across cross-functional teams to ensure the smooth progress and information flow.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential roadblocks.
- Coordinate front-end design and product requirements with engineering deliverables and schedules.
- Hold teams accountable for quality and timeliness of software deliverables.
- Prepare and present crisp and actionable project status to stakeholders and executives.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager managing software programs from inception to production.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical teams.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience.
- Knowledge of program and issue tracking methodologies and software tools.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- BS in Engineering field, or equivalent experience.
Back to top