Technical Program Manager, Core Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about solving complex systems problems and building platforms that power Facebook's Software and Hardware infrastructure? As a Technical Program Manager in the Infrastructure Engineering team you will play a key role defining and driving impactful engineering projects that span the organization. The Service Platform team builds software that enables efficient configuration, deployment and manageability of stateful services. As a TPM in this space, you will drive adoption programs that enable various product tiers to integrate with this technology while maintaining an efficient resource footprint. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need technical program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Work in a very fast-paced and iterative technical environment with engineering leaders across software, datacenter, storage and network teams
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with Engineering leaders and stakeholders
- Create programs to solve these problems by determining goals that align with company initiatives, understand dependencies, define milestones, assess risk and identify resource requirements
- Achieve alignment in ambiguous or contentious areas to drive product decisions
- Collaborate extensively within TPM and with cross-functional engineering teams to create and execute a structure for successful delivery of programs
- Provide hands-on program management during various phases of the program including day-to-day coordination of tasks
- Identify process improvements to minimize manual effort by driving build out of automation and workflow tooling engines
- Develop a communication strategy for the cross-functional team and stakeholders at different levels of the organization to align, influence and deliver on goals
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of Software engineering or Systems engineering experience in infrastructure software such as real-time or messaging systems experience.
- Communication skills and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, experience with large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Experience in building or managing systems software components like real-time or messaging systems, data storage architectures, caching, database engines, key value stores.
- Experience with service architecture design to understand performance issues, bottlenecks and optimizations.
- Experience with server and data center life cycle planning
Back to top