Technical Program Manager, Core Data Science
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Through our growing family of apps and services, we're helping billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them, including discussing political issues and connecting to their elected representatives. To help provide valuable insight into the role of social media in politics, an Election Commission has been formed, which will support independent academic research on the topic.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be driving a project that spans the organization in order to enable this new model of research collaboration between the academic community and industry. The collaboration will need to ensure data quality and security as well as user privacy. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Manage cross-functional teams to enable election integrity research.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with data scientists, engineers, internal and external teams for project requirements and scope.
- M.S. in Statistics, quantitative social science, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years of research, program/product management, policy management or similar experience.
- Knowledge with quantitative research methods.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem solving experience, knowledge to systems and experience writing code/queries.
- Knowledge of research or data privacy issues.
- Experience with data governance, data quality, and data mapping.
- Experience with data tools such as SQL, R, Python, or similar.
- Experience working with Governments or NGO's supporting research.
- Experience with processes to provide public access or open source information.
- Consulting experience.
Back to top