Technical Program Manager, Core Data
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Technical Program Manager, you will play a key role within infrastructure engineering, driving huge projects that span the organization. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This is a full-time position based in our office in Menlo Park and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- M.S. in a Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least ten years of software engineering, systems engineering or similar experience.
- Experience in backend reliability, efficiency and performance work.
- Experience with communication and working with technical management teams.
- Organizational and coordination experience along with multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with experience to large-scale systems and writing code.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Tao, Memcache, MySQL.
- Experience with distributed performance tracing and critical path analysis.
- Experience with distributed traffic tools: Request routing and traffic management.
- Experience with distributed databases: Shard placement, migration, and management.
Back to top