Technical Program Manager, Core Business Interfaces
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Core Business Interface team serves an estimated 200 million businesses using Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp every month. Out team's mission is to maximize the value businesses receive from all Facebook properties (Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp) by offering a single product for businesses to drive, manage, and measure outcomes across Facebook Inc. Our experience sub-team builds a scalable, principled user experience on mobile and desktop that is easy for businesses to use. Our Platform sub-team builds a high quality, performant foundation that is easy for partners to adopt.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to set requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Define and own success metrics and key performance indicators.
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on.
- Help integrate capabilities across several products (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Business Manager, etc.).
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams for project requirements and scope.
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area.
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting.
- Be the glue between different cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, Research, Design and Data.
- Motivate and focus a large team to reach challenging goals.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- B.S. in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of tech industry experience and 5+ years of program management experience.
- Experience delivering technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience in understanding and analyzing user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, exposure to large-scale systems and experience working directly with Engineering and Product teams.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different geographic locations.
- Proven organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking experience to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and demonstrating critical thinking.
Back to top