Technical Program Manager - Companion App
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is dedicated to bring Virtual and Augmented Reality products to people around the world. We are looking for a talented Technical Program Manager, Software where you play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features across internal and external teams. As a Companion App Technical Program Manager within AR/VR, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features across for the mobile phone Companion App. The Companion App enables an AR or VR device to set up its environment such as wifi, content discovery, and other engagement features. This work has a strong focus on the user flow necessary to complete a task and requires knowledge of the mobile application space in iOS and Android. You will collaborate with engineering and product management on strategy, team goals, and with primary responsibility to lead execution of all phases of the development cycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and clear communication to project stakeholders. The ideal candidate is energized by having impact, is passionate about high-quality user interfaces, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs.
- Manage communication within and between external engineering firms, and Reality Labs software and marketing teams.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- Up to 15% travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Program Manager managing software programs from inception to production.
- Software experience in a development and deployment of mobile applications.
- Knowledge of C++, Java, C.
- Knowledge of program and issue tracking.
- Communication and experience working with technical teams.
- Problem-solving and organizational experience.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
Back to top