Technical Program Manager, Communication System Analytics
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Connectivity Labs is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Communication System Analytics, to help run programs to bring connectivity to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet. The projects will support the company's mission to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected, and Internet.org's mission to make affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected.
- Influence the deployment of Facebook's Infrastructure by leading strategic frameworks for decision-making which may include but are not limited to: engineering design decisions, key business metrics, go-to-market strategy, infrastructure capacity forecasts, market/industry due diligence, cost/business models etc.
- Interest and willingness to work on both complex data science / engineering and business model / strategy projects.
- Manage network simulation or planning software programs and associated data analytics.
- Provide hands on program management during planning, analysis, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects, datasets and tasks.
- Drive standardization on methods and processes.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Wireless Communications Hardware/Software System Design or Network Systems.
- Four or more years experience in Technical/Engineering Program Management or Product Management.
- Experienced with managing programs related to wireless network and communications systems design.
- Experience with carrier (2G/3G/LTE base stations, backhaul including mmWave and microwave, core networks), Wireless Access Point (WiFI AP) or Wi-Fi ISP deployment, network design and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools.
- Experience understanding application requirements and translating needs into product and capacity plans.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Ability to travel 3 – 4 times a year (both domestic and international) with lengths of at most a week at a time.
- Experience with wireless telecommunications systems and equipment deployment in emerging markets.
- Experienced in wireless telecommunication systems interfaces, implementation and debugging.
- Experience developing remote sensing products.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top