Technical Program Manager, Commerce Platform - Operations
The Commerce Platform team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who is passionate about commerce, technology, and innovation to join the team. The team's charter is to enable the commerce experience across our suite of products under the FB family of apps by building a platform that provides the ability for buyers and sellers to transact on the FB platform seamlessly and safely. The team is focused on scaling the platform across verticals and internationally.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team, you'll be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for new products and features. You'll partner with Engineering, Product and other cross-functional partners both internal and external partners to prioritize work based on impact and drive strong execution. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background and experience with commerce and growth for the space.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, COMMERCE PLATFORM - OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead key initiatives and drive collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams including product, engineering, data, and operations to enable commerce experiences on our platform.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Communicate status and big picture to the project team and management.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and ensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with company mission and goals.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in Commerce and Payments.
- Experience working with platform providers or direct large merchants.
- International product launch experience.
- Experience managing platform products and roadmaps.
- Experience leading projects with payment services providers and financial kickoff.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top